If you have some facial hair on you, you already know what it takes to clean it, tame it, and style it, not to mention the trimming, sculpting and shaping the beard.
To help you out, there are many products, like beard straighteners, beard balms, beard conditioners, and beard shampoo.
(We recently wrote a massive 6,000+ word guide on the best beard products you can buy in 2020, I dare you to read it if you think there’s not many beard care and growth products available).
The best way to get a nice selection of all of the most important beard supplies and tools is to get yourself a nice beard care kit or grooming set.
That’s precisely what we are going to showcase today in our review; the best beard kits money can buy. Our ranking is detailed and gets down to the facts without any bias. If a product is good, we praise it, if it’s bad, we trash it appropriately.
Beard Care Kit Comparison Table
Best Beard Care Kits of 2022 and Beyond
1. Maison Lambert Luxury Beard Kit Black Edition
The Maison Lambert Beard Kit was my all-time favorite for quite some time, and then they released the black edition and made their existing kit even better.
This French luxury beard set is definitely not the cheapest one around, but it’s arguably the best of them all, with an amazing array of well-designed beard care and grooming supplies, neatly packaged into a PU leather travel bag.
Though no kit is perfect, this beard set comes really close with its 99% organic ingredients, limited use of DHT-blocking vegetable oils, absolutely banger scent, and the fact that it comes with a high quality contoured boar bristle beard brush, and a barber-quality beard scissors.
On a negative side, I must say that choosing metal over wood or cellulose acetate as the material for the beard comb wasn’t a good choice, and having tea tree oil and lavender essential oils in some of the products (albeit in minimal quantities) isn’t the best approach when the goal is to maximize beard growth potential.
However, the wide choice of products, the good quality carrier oils & ingredients, the design, and the choice of base ingredients for the oil, balm, shampoo, and mustache wax, easily outweigh the few negative factors and the big price tag, making the Maison Lambert’s product the best beard kit available in 2022.
Here’s what can be found inside this beard care kit:
- PU leather travel bag, black beard scissors, black metal beard comb.
- 99% organic beard oil, beard balm, beard shampoo, and mustache wax.
- High-quality 100% boar bristle beard brush with a contoured design.
- Easily the best and most complete beard care & grooming kit of 2022.
- The design and included travel bag blow the competition out of the water.
- The care items included (oil, balm, wax, shampoo) have ideal base-ingredients.
- The boar bristle beard brush deserves an extra shout out for its top-tier quality.
- Switching from the original sandalwood comb to a metallic one is a downgrade.
- Tea tree oil & lavender used for scent may slightly hurt the beard growth hormones.
- The high price of the set is understandably a big negative factor for many beardsmen.
Our Score: 9.7 / 10
2. Big Forest Beard Treatment Kit
One DTQ’s Big Forest Beard Treatment Kit is one of the coolest facial hair gift sets you can get your hands on.
It comes in a nicely designed carton beard box and contains the most basic beard care routine necessities for keeping your beard clean and moisturized.
Although it’s not the cheapest beard kit out there, you have to give some credit for the fact that this set hides in probably the best collection of beard products ingredient-wise.
The beard box includes one of the best beard shampoos on the market, with pretty much a perfect ingredient list.
It also contains an oval-shaped boar bristle beard brush, which is of very high-quality and has great bristle density for that “full” feeling.
The Big Forest beard oil is top of the line when it comes to the quality of the ingredients, and one of the few oils that are light and anti-comedogenic enough to not clog your pores and leave your face feeling greasy.
If optimizing growth is important to you, then you may also be pleased to find out that all the products in this kit are safe for the hormones involved in facial hair growth, meaning that they won’t mess with your beard hormones.
Lastly, their beard balm is the best one you can currently find anywhere (trust me, I’ve reviewed hundreds of balms already).
All-in-all, this is one of the best beard care sets available, and since it comes in a nice gift box, it would be perfect to give as beard related gift to your hirsute friend (or yourself).
The beard box contains:
- Carton gift-box.
- Beard shampoo (9.5 oz. / 280ml)
- Oval-shaped boar bristle brush.
- Beard butter (2oz. / 60g) and beard oil (1oz. / 30ml)
- High-quality beard scissors at 6.8″ or 17.5cm length.
- The combination of bergamot and fir needle gives a foresty masculine scent.
- The included beard brush is great quality and has a thick bristle density.
- The balm and oil are some of the best on the market in terms of ingredients.
- I also included the shampoo in my review of the best beard shampoos as #2.
- This is a kit on the more expensive side.
- Hemp oil in the shampoo isn’t the best thing to put on our beard in terms of growth.
Our Score: 9.5 / 10
3. Monster&Son Beard Grooming Starter Kit
Monster&Son is an up-and-coming beard supply manufacturer that recently released their beard grooming kit.
The nice looking design immediately caught my eye while I was looking for beard stuff from Amazon, but since it was so cheap, I first shrugged it off as probably being one of those low-quality kits that occasionally pop up online, are reviewed poorly, and then exit the market as fast as they appeared.
With this grooming kit, low-quality didn’t seem to be an issue though, as I quickly found multiple positive reviews which were from genuine buyers, not the paid fake kind.
I decided to give it a shot and ordered this kit for review purposes just last week.
Much to my surprise, it was delivered just a few days later (really fast, considering that I live in Finland) and Monster&Son even emailed me afterward to make sure that the product had arrived in the promised condition.
The beard grooming kit holds in:
- Gift-box with a magnetic lid and a canvas travel pouch.
- Surprisingly good quality, oval-shaped, boar bristle beard brush.
- Two-sided sandalwood beard comb with straight and even tines.
- Organic beard oil (1 oz. / 30ml) and beard balm (2 oz. / 60g).
- High-quality beard scissors at 6.8″ or 17.5cm length.
- Perfect beard starter kit for a very competitive pricing.
- I was blown away by the quality of the beard brush and comb included.
- The scissors included are barber-grade quality, which is impressive for this price.
- The overall design of the gift-box and isolated items is really nice and presentable.
- The brand appears to have decent customer support and they care about the quality.
- I’m not a fan of sunflower seed oil, tea tree oil, and almond oil used in oil & balm.
- Although the brand is from France, some of the items are labeled with “made in China”
Our Score: 9.3 / 10
4. Beard Reverence Complete Beard Maintenance Kit
The Beard Reverence Maintenance Kit can be labeled as “complete beard kit”, as it has all of the key facial hair care & grooming supplies to keep your beard clean and moisturized.
Its low price category also gives it a great value, and even though it’s a cheap beard kit, the manufacturers haven’t cut down the ingredient quality in any noticeable way.
The carrier oils used in the balm and beard oil are safe for your androgenic hormones and well-known as some of the best possible raw materials to use for moisturizing the facial hair, such as jojoba oil and argan oil.
The shampoo is free of beard harming chemicals and harsh oil strippers such as sulfates and parabens.
It’s mild enough to leave some of the important natural sebum oils in your face so that you don’t end up with dry skin underneath the beard.
The kit also comes with a wooden anti-snag beard comb, and an oval-shaped 100% boar bristle beard brush.
For trimming purposes, there are the relatively good quality beard and mustache scissors included as well.
The kit arrives in a magnetic latch gift box and includes a durable and nice looking travel pack, which neatly fits all the items included in the set.
Bottom line: The Beard Reverence Kit includes everything you need to properly manage and tame your facial hair. Even though the products are of reasonably high quality, they have managed to push the price impressively low.
Inside you can find:
- Gift-box with a magnetic lid and a travel bag.
- Boar bristle beard brush with thick dense bristles.
- Anti-snag wooden beard comb with medium width tines.
- Beard oil (2 oz. / 60ml) and beard balm (2 oz. / 60g).
- Natural beard shampoo with no beard harming man-made chemicals.
- Stainless-steel beard and mustache grooming scissors
- Very cheap price considering the amount and quality of the beard tools.
- The beard comb and brush included are nice quality and well worth the price.
- The main bulk of ingredients in all of the products are safe for beard growth hormones.
- The design on the gift-box, the containers, and the travel bag look great.
- Overall, the reviews on this product are positive and there’s barely any complaints.
- The ingredients are mostly good, but tea tree oil and grapeseed oil may hurt growth.
- Unless you frequently oil the pivot between the blades, the scissors will get stiff.
- The comb has quite large gaps between the tines, so not good for short beards.
Our Score: 9.1 / 10
5. Alpha Viking Complete Beard Grooming Kit
The Alpha Viking Beard Grooming Kit is a bit different from the above sets, as it has no care products in it, no oils, balms, or shampoos.
Instead, it heavily focuses on delivering you everything you need for beard grooming and taming.
That means high-quality barber’s beard scissors, a two-sided beard comb (which really isn’t that good of quality), a boar bristle brush (oval-shaped like with most kits), a beard trimming bib, travel/toiletry bag, and a wooden beard shaping tool (which I must say, doesn’t live up to the modern beard template standards).
So is this beard kit any good? Yes, for its low price, it’s definitely worth it.
And even though some of the items aren’t up to the tightest standards (namely the comb and shaping tool), the rest of the kit is solid.
If your main goal is to just trim and groom your beard, and you don’t necessarily need more beard oils and balms, then by all means, the Alpha Viking grooming kit may be what you’re looking for.
The beard trimming kit holds in:
- Travel-ready canvas toiletry bag.
- Oval-shaped maple beard brush with 100% boar bristles.
- Pearwood beard shaper template and two-sided beard comb.
- Barbershop-quality beard grooming scissors and a beard trimming bib.
- Not that expensive. You could easily pay this money for just the brush alone.
- The scissors are really good quality, much better than the scissors in the above kits.
- The pearwood boar bristle brush is of great quality with nice bristle density.
- I was really disappointed with the quality of the beard comb and the uneven tines.
- Wooden beard shapers were once a thing, there are better beard templates nowadays.
- The beard bib idea is a rip off from Beard King and they give no credit to the original.
Our Score: 8.6 / 10
6. Scotch Porter Beard Wash & Conditioning Kit
When it comes to beard cleaning and conditioning, Scotch Porter is the #1 brand I look for.
Their beard wash, for example, has only natural ingredients, and no beard harming parabens, sulfates, SLS, phthalates, or other man-made chemicals in it. It’s also mild and will leave some of the much needed natural oils into your skin so that you don’t have to battle with beard dandruff later on.
Then there’s the beard conditioner, which I must say, has an impressive ingredient list as well.
No DHT-blocking vegetable oils like most brands use and no man-made chemicals.
The balm has no man-made chemicals, no petroleum jelly, and no mineral oil.
This alone sets them apart from the majority of the competitors.
Their hydrating beard serum, which is more like beard oil, is decent. Most of the ingredients are good (jojoba oil, argan oil, kukui nut oil, etc), but then sadly, they have also added in canola oil, which as a polyunsaturated fatty acid is prone to lipid peroxidation and may hurt your beard growth hormones.
All-in-all, Scotch Porter gets my highest recommendation, and I frequently use all of their products with the exception of the beard serum/oil.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Hydrating beard wash & shampoo (8 oz. / 236ml).
- Nourishing beard conditioner (8 oz. / 236ml).
- Beard serum hydrating oil blend (1 oz. / 30ml).
- Moisturizing beard balm (3 oz. / 85g).
- One of the few brands that care about eliminating the harmful parabens, SLS, etc.
- Stupidly good beard shampoo and conditioner, I mentioned both in my reviews.
- Nice and masculine scent, accompanied by nice and masculine design.
- Sizeable bottles mean you can use the products for months before resupplying.
- Not overly expensive but the price is definitely on the higher end.
- I feel like Scotch Porter really dropped the ball with the serum and using canola oil.
Our Score: 8.5 / 10
7. Seven Potions Beard Care Box
Number 7, is the Seven Potions Beard Care Box.
Unlike the name indicates, the beard box does not contain seven potions.
Instead, you’ll get…
- a bottle of their signature beard oil
- some beard shampoo
- and a boar bristle beard brush.
This all is delivered in a simple, yet cool looking cardboard box, which would go perfectly as a small little beard gift to that hirsute fellow in your life.
First off, I want to highlight the boar bristle brush. It’s the one I personally own, and my daily driver so to speak.
Whenever I let my beard get really thick and bushy, I find that no other brush really gives me the same level of tamability as the Seven Potions first-cut boar bristle brush does.
Then there’s the shampoo, which has quite good ingredients.
No man-made chemicals or parabens, no SLS or other nasties, just natural ingredients and a really nice scent.
It does have few vegetable oils in there that may block DHT and slightly hinder beard growth, but realistically, shampoo is on your face for a few seconds, so it’s not a big deal anyway.
Then there’s the oil, which is in my opinion, the weakest link of the kit, albeit not too bad to be honest.
As you might know, I try to always use and recommend beard oils with minimal amounts of polyunsaturated vegetable oils, as they may lower the androgenic hormones that are needed for beard growth.
This isn’t an issue for many guys, but I’ve always had a stance of not putting something on my face if it has a possibility of reducing my rate of beard growth.
Sadly, the Seven Potions beard oil does have some possible androgen-blocking oils in its formulae, such as the apricot kernel oil and grapeseed oil.
All-in-all, the British Seven Potions Beard Care Kit is a pretty great product. It includes one of the best beard brushes available, a nice beard shampoo, and mediocre beard oil. Would the oil have better ingredients, this kit would definitely be higher up on the list.
Here’s what was included in the package:
- Organic beard oil (1 oz. / 30ml).
- Organic beard shampoo (3.4 oz. / 100ml).
- First-cut and stiff boar bristle beard brush.
- I have tried twelve beard brushes so far, the Seven Potions one is my daily driver.
- All of the products in this kit are organic and free from SLS, parabens, etc.
- The woodland harmony is a really nice foresty and masculine scent that just works.
- Goes well for a little beard gift set and the price isn’t too bad either.
- The beard oil included would be so much better without the polyunsaturated oils.
- With just three items in the kit, this one might not be enough for some guys.
- The boar bristle brush is very stiff, too stiff for thin and patchy short beards.
Our Score: 8.3 / 10
Growing and maintaining beard and mustache is a form of art, and every artist needs proper tools.
We believe that some of these seven amazing facial hair care, grooming & trimming kits are those exact tools.